The Department of Human Development, Education and Employment (DHDEE), of the General Secretariat of the Organization of American States (GS/OAS), offers scholarships to citizens and permanent residents of the OAS member states, providing a vital investment in human capital through its Professional Development Scholarship Program (PDSP).
Professional Development Courses aim to expand or refresh participants' professional expertise in specialized areas related to the priority development areas of the OAS member states.
One of those courses is Sustainability Practices for Tourism Leaders, offered by the Educational Portal of the Americas.
This online course Provides relevant and practical learning material to enable participants to actively contribute to destination sustainability in their tourism destinations. It also allows participants to have a comprehensive understanding of good sustainability practices for destination management as to fully integrate lessons learned in a practical manner throughout their daily work.
- Citizens or permanent residents of OAS member states.
- Candidates who meet the requirements indicated in the course announcement.
- Candidates must be proficient in the course’s language of instruction.
- All scholarship applications must be submitted directly through the applicant’s National Liaison Office (ONE).
- The application deadline differs from country to country and should therefore be confirmed with National Liaison Agency (ONE) in the applicant's country of origin or permanent residency.
- Applications should be presented sufficiently in advance with all the required documentation to the ONE of the candidate's country of origin or permanent residency.
- The OAS will announce the selection results to the ONE’s and National Offices of the OAS
- member states. In addition, the OAS will publish on its website the list of scholarship recipients for each of the Courses.
For more information about the Professional Development Scholarships Program (PDSP), click here